Dr Burger: Gynaecologist and Obstetrician
Dr Henk Burger is a gynaecologist and obstetrician, specialising in high risk obstetrics, laparoscopic and hysteroscopy surgeries. He operates from his Gauteng based practice which was established in 1993 with the aim of providing a streamlined, specialist service to his patients. With over two decades of clinical experience practicing in the field, Dr Henk Burger has extensive knowledge in all fields of obstetrics and has been highly recommended by patients who have commented on his excellent services and outstanding bedside manner.
High risk factors may include:
- High blood pressure – Either chronic or becomes apparent for the first time during pregnancy
- Preeclampsia – High blood pressure combined with large amounts of protein in the urine
- Multiple births – Pregnancy risks are higher for women carrying twins or higher order multiples
- Gestational diabetes – Characterized by high blood sugar levels that is first recognized during pregnancy
- Women between the ages of 40 and 44 and additional risks if the pregnancy continues too long beyond the due date